Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sweet Your Heart Out: Easy Cobbler


Ok Pink Dishers, I'm back in the kitchen again after a short hiatus. Something happened last week....life caught up to me. And it slapped me in the face and said "why the heck did you decide to start that blog again???" I didn't have an answer for life last week. But this week I say to life... "because I love it."

And I love desserts. So that's what I'm starting with tonight. I needed easy. Well, let's be honest, I always need easy. But I needed super easy tonight. I love this recipe because it's versatile, easily memorizable (I think I just made up a new word there) and it's just downright scrumptious. Simply scrumptious. I don't think it gets any simpler than this one folks. Pick your favorite pie filling and have at it. The great part about this insanely quick dessert is that you should have all the ingredients in your pantry already!



Ingredients: 

*1 cup sugar
*1 cup flour
*1 tsp baking powder
*3/4 cup milk
*pinch salt
*1 large can pie filling (choose your favorite fruit)

Directions: 

1) Melt butter in bottom of 8x8 inch pan.

2) Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, milk and salt in medium-sized bowl and pour over melted butter.

3) Pour pie filling on top of mixture.

4) Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

Pre-baking

The best things in life are the simple things. Uncomplicated. Five minutes of prep time. DELICIOUS!! What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, one more thing....ENJOY!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment