Monday, February 20, 2012

New Recipe Night: Mom's Meatballs


Best. Meatballs. Ever. Hands down. Ok, maybe I'm a tad bit biased since I grew up eating these. As I was sorting through my mom's recipe cards I smiled when I found this one in the stack. I loved just about everything she made....but this recipe was way up at the top of the list though. She used to make it a point to tell me each morning what she was planning on cooking for that evening. On meatball days it was hard to keep my mind on anything but dinner time (hi, my name's Ashley and I'm addicted to food). I think this recipe was actually borrowed from Aunt Sharon and became a favorite at our house too. Her family named them golfballs and the name stuck.


Ingredients:

Meatballs:
*1 lb ground beef
*1/2 cup green pepper
*1/2 cup onion
*1 tsp black pepper
*1 tsp salt
*1/2 cup brown or white rice (instant)


Sauce:
*2 cans tomato sauce
*1 cup water
*1 can tomato soup
*2 Tbsp Worcestershire


Directions:


1) Mix all of the meatball ingredients together, form balls (about golf ball size) and place in pan




2) Combine sauce ingredients and stir. Pour evenly over meatballs.






3) Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes.


It's taken me quite some time to post this recipe as life has been so rude as to get in the way of my blogging/cooking time. Oh the nerve. ;) I actually made this recipe over a week ago when my dad came to visit. I was pretty excited to make a home-cooked meal for him and the fact that it was mom's recipe made it that much sweeter to share with him. Our tummies thanked us when we were done. But I soon realized that I'd commited a cardinal sin....I had forgotten to take a picture of the piping hot, steamy pan of meatballs. So I apologize for the less than desirable picture of the last three mis-shapen meatballs that were in the corner of the pan. Mis-shapen or not, they are still delish! Oh yeah, one more thing.....ENJOY!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment