Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lemon Brownies



Pin It
I have a feeling these are going to be a go to dessert from now on when baking for an occasion. They may have just replaced these. Gasp!! I couldn't possibly have picked a more appropriate recipe for Sweet Tooth Tuesday! Sweet is the word. Holy tartness. These are just as amazing they look. There needed to be a drool bucket underneath me as I stumbled upon last night....mouth-watering good. Even better? A very short ingredient list! These turned out very dense and oh so moist. Oh, and lemony!!!






Ingredients:


1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter; room temperature
4 eggs
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Zest from 1 lemon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Additional lemon zest for garnish


Directions:


1) Preheat oven to 350°F.


2) Line the bottom only of a 9X13 inch baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.






3) In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar and salt; add butter. Stir together eggs, juice from 1/2 lemon and zest from 1 lemon; stir into batter and pour into prepared pan.






4) Bake for 30 minutes or until set, use a toothpick to check. Remove from oven and cool on a rack. When brownies are cool prepare glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and 2 tablespoon lemon juice; drizzle over brownies and sprinkle with additional lemon zest.



Confession time: I think I got carried away with squeezing the lemon juice into the batter. My tastebuds were not offended though....bring on the tartness! Half of the pan of sweet goodness was covered with the powdered sugar/lemon juice frosting and the other half was a thicker, sweeter frosting that I concocted....


I honestly enjoyed both frosting about the same. It's easy to tell that the recipe's frosting sets up quickly and forms a coating on top. I would say if you are going for prettiness then go with the recipe's frosting. If you are going for sweetness then go with this......I used a Tbsp of the leftover lemon juice frosting and used a mixer to blend it with 1/4 stick of butter and 2 oz cream cheese. Once blended I added a teensy bit of vanilla (so precise, I know ;)) and slowly added powdered sugar (roughly 3/4 cup) as I mixed it. Just add until you get the desired consistency.

The hubs is not a lemon fan. HOW???? HOW!!!!!! I just don't get it. Friends, I need you to try these. But you'll have to make your own because the pan here will be empty by tomorrow I'm sure of it. ;) Oh yeah, one more thing....ENJOY!!!

Seriously!?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment