Sunday, October 9, 2011

My FaVoRiTe CoOkIe BaR recipe!

Try to imagine the softest, gooiest, chocolatiest cookie.....ok, stop imagining. Here it is! Your mouth and stomach will thank me for this one. This recipe is very special to me. Two reasons: it’s the only one I know by heart and up until now was the only dessert I could make (I guess I should say “would make”). It’s the only one I would make because it’s so fast, easy, simple and delicious. It’s basically just a standard chocolate chip cookie recipe with a little pizazz. I was actually given this recipe as a gift from one of my clinical instructors. He used to bring a warm delicious pan of cookies at least twice a week while I was interning at OU Medical Center. Just the perfect way to start out a busy day…..a nice sugar rush to get your body going! He swore that he wouldn’t give me the recipe. That is until my birthday came along and I was giving him a guilt trip about making me work so hard on my birthday. He finally handed me a piece of paper with the recipe on it. BINGO! So I’ve got to give the credit to Jack….he’s been making it hard to lose weight now since ’08. I say this because usually when I get a craving for something sweet, instead of going to Braums for some ice cream I just make an entire pan of cookies. Isn’t that splendid for the thighs?! ;) Oh but it’s sooooo yummy! Are you ready to try a tantalizingly delicious explosion of chocolate? Ok, here we go!!


Ingredients:
2 ¼ cup flour
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 sticks of butter
1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkg white chocolate chips
1 pkg toffee bits (found in the baking aisle right next to the chocolate chips)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1)      Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
2)      Melt butter in a separate bowl in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to the melted butter. Mix well. Slowly add flour mixture and mix well.
3)      Add packages of chocolate chips and toffee bits and stir with a spoon.


See, I told you it was a lot of chocolate! Where'd the batter go?!

4)   Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes in a greased bar pan (it may look like it needs to bake longer but it DOESN’T…take it out or the edges will burn…trust me)
That yummy cookie smell invades the house ;)




There you have it. Easy peasy! What are you waiting for?! Don't you want your house to smell like cookie too?! Oh yeah, one more thing....ENJOY!






GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment