Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ramen Noodle Lasagna

I was honestly not super thrilled about choosing a recipe tonight from the "101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles" book. As I perused through the book I could not find interest in any of the recipes. Funny thing is, it was because they looked so simple. Almost too simple. I guess I've conditioned myself to think that cooking has to involve a lot of ingredients. After I forced myself to pick a recipe from the book, took a quick trip to the grocery store and threw the meal together, I am now completely sold on the Ramen Noodle book! This lasagna isn't the prettiest meal in the world but I had to get past the aesthetics and give it a try. Who knew that Ramen Noodles could make such a tasty lasagna?? I thought it needed some protein so I added some beef to the recipe. If you aren't a meat fan then I'm sure it would taste just as good without it. I will definitely be making this beyond simple lasagna again!!






Ingredients:


*2 packages Ramen Noodles
*3 cups spaghetti sauce
*1 lb lean ground beef
*1 cup ricotta cheese
*1 cup grated mozzerella cheese
*1 cup Parmesan cheese


Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees


2) Brown ground beef in one pan while cooking noodles according to package in another pan


3) Mix Parmesan, mozzeralla and ricotta cheeses in a bowl


4) Stir spaghetti sauce with noodles


5) In an 8x8 pan layer as follows: half of noodles, half of cheese mixture, all of beef, rest of cheese mixture and rest of noodles on top.


6) Cook for 20 minutes


Oh yeah, one more thing.....ENJOY!!




Don't let the hot mess look fool you....it really was delish!!!!



GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment