Monday, October 10, 2011

Vanilla: The Kicker of Cooking

Picture your favorite football team. Who's your favorite player? Who do you have your eyes on the majority of the game? Who's jersey number would you wear? Who are you most worried about getting injured?


I'm guessing most of you answered "quarterback" to some or all of the above. But what about that poor ol' kicker? He practices all week long just like everyone else and only gets to saunter out on the field occasionally. He's either loved or hated on any given day. He never gets a whole lot of attention but he sure is important. You'd never hear anyone saying "man, if our kicker gets hurt our season is over." I'm sure you have either stopped reading by now or you are sitting there scratching your head wondering where I'm going with this crazy ramble. I couldn't help but notice the similarities between a football kicker and a certain ingredient that pops up in every single sweet treat recipe I've made so far.....


VANILLA.


Since I began my little cooking adventure I've gone through two jars of vanilla extract in a little over two weeks. I think I'd only bought two bottles in my entire life before that. See what I mean....vanilla is so obviously the "kicker of cooking." Used in small amounts but often, usually gives a small contribution but an integral part of the recipe. It's high time we give vanilla the attention he/she deserves.....


Lookin' good vanilla! Check out that slender sillohette!

If you are wondering if I've lost my mind, the answer is YES. Do me a favor....if you find it, please return it to me ASAP! These kitchen adventures are going straight to my head.....or maybe I've inhaled too many vanilla fumes??



GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment