Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Lazy Man's Chicken & Noodles

Hands down, one of my favorite meals is a big ol' pot of chicken and noodles. Literally...the entire pot. I could eat it all. If it weren't so steamy and HOT!!!!



I debated about whether or not to share what I made tonight. Mainly because it was very spur of the moment and I took a big shortcut for time's sake. This is one of those nights where I realize that I only have two things in my pantry. Option #1: sandwiches. Turned out I didn't even have tuna or turkey. Option #2: throw some stuff in a pot. I did something bad. I used (a pouch of chicken)....that was me whispering. I guess it might sound a lot better if I didn't call it a pouch. I mean, a kangaroo has a pouch...a chicken does not. I desperately wanted something warm and comforting and that package of egg noodles was staring at me when I opened the freezer door. I would have just settled for eating the egg noodles alone but Riley may have wrinkled his nose at that idea. I didn't want to deal with cooking and chopping chicken so I settled for the easy way. Hence my name for tonight's recipe.....




LAZY MAN'S CHICKEN and NOODLES

Ingredients:

*1 pkg egg noodles
*1 Tyson chicken breast pouch
*1 can cream of chicken
*1 can cream of celery
*1 cup of milk
*4 cups of chicken broth
*1/2 tsp basil
*1 tsp salt
*1 tsp black pepper
*1/2 tsp garlic powder
*1/2 tsp onion powder
*a dash of crushed red pepper

Directions:

1) Throw it all in a pot, cook and ENJOY.



See what I mean? Lazy. But oh so yummy!!!! So good that I almost forgot about the pouch of chicken while I inhaled the bowl(s) of soup. :) Of course if you have the time you can spruce it up a lil with celery, carrots, onions and some (real chicken)....I guess I can stop whispering now. :)



GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment