Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Recipe Night: Cheesy Beef Fiesta Soup

I went all bossy on this recipe and completely changed the name of it. It was actually called Cheesy Chicken Fiesta Soup. My palate was not feeling the whole chicken idea this evening so I made an executive chef decision. BEEF: it's what's for dinner. Obviously you could tell by my Ramen Noodle Lasagna that I don't skimp when it comes to beef....the beefier the better as I always say. Ok, I've never actually said that but it sounds good. ;)


My inspiration for tonight's recipe: I needed soup. My mom used to make a cheesy beef mexican soup that I loved!! If heaven had a phone I'd call her up right now and ask her for the recipe. Since that was not an option I searched for a similar version of it online. I really can't believe I've never made this before now....but I shouldn't really be surprised considering I never made anything before.




Ingredients:
*2 cans condensed Fiesta nacho cheese soup
*2 2/3 cups sour cream (or milk/cream)
*1lb cooked lean ground beef
*1 can rotel
*1 package fresh/frozen corn
*1/4 cup fresh red and green peppers diced
*1 can black beans, rinsed
*1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
*shredded cheddar cheese
*tortilla chips


Directions:

1. In a large pan, combine the first eight ingredients except for the sour cream



2. Cook until heated through
3. Add sour cream
4. Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and crumbled tortilla chips


What happened while I was cooking this easy peasy pot of soup proves my lack of cooking skills. I sorta kinda forgot that it was on the stove for a good twenty minutes and burnt the bottom of the soup. Somehow the pot of goodness was spared and tasted just fine. I topped mine with some green onions for a nice little kick. Another yummy fall meal added to the list.
Oh yeah, one more thing.....ENJOY!!









GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment