Saturday, October 15, 2011

New Recipe Night: Chicken Penne Alfredo

Creamy bowl of pasta???

YES PLEASE!

Like I've mentioned before, I don't make a lot of pasta meals. The hubby does not share an insane love for pasta with me. But every now and then I get a serious craving for some yummy carbs and I can get him on board for some Italian. The great thing about this meal is how little time you have to spend in the kitchen making it! Can I get a "woohoo"?!



Cooking Time:
30 minutes


Ingredients:
*1 package penne pasta
*2-3 chicken breasts cuts into small chunks
*1/2 cup butter
*1 cup half and half
*2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
*1 package cream cheese
*1/3 cup Parmesan cheese


Directions:


1) Cook box of pasta according to directions on box.


2) Meanwhile prepare Alfredo sauce by melting butter, half and half and cream cheese in medium sized pan. Stir in Parmesan cheese and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes, then remove.


3) Put the chicken pieces in a medium sized frying pan covered in olive oil. Saute until the chicken is cooked through.




If you are counting that's 3 pans on the stove at once.....unprecedented for me in the kitchen.
I told you I was a beginner.....


4) Stir in the Alfredo sauce with the cooked chicken.


5) Drain the pasta and combine it with the Alfredo sauce and chicken.


6) Season to taste and serve. (I added some diced green onions and tomato on top)




Yuuuuuuummmmmmmmm


Next time I try this recipe I think I'll add a bit more seasoning. What seasoning? Hey don't ask me....I'm new at all this. :) Despite the need for a bit of an extra kick, it was quite tasty and creamy. It's definitely on my list of things to make again. It got another thumbs up from the hubs....I have yet to receive a thumbs down so something tells me that a certain husand is trying to be polite and not hurt my feelings. God bless him for eating my food. I forgot to mention an important rule in our house: you may NOT make pasta without making garlic bread.


Oh yeah, one more thing.....ENJOY!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment