Wednesday, October 12, 2011

101 Things To Do With Ramen Noodles

Do you have that one food that instantly reminds you of your grandmother's house while you were growing up? Well, oddly enough, mine is Ramen Noodles. And before I go any further I must add that I pronounce them "ray-men" and I'm completely okay with that. My grandmother enjoyed cooking and was pretty darn good at....but for some reason or another my cousins and I would have chosen a package of Top Ramen any day of the week over something homemade. We could very frequently be found chowing down on our bowls of the ever so popular noodles that have a stigma for being known as the "poor college student diet." And we didn't eat them the traditional way. Instead of cooking them on the stovetop we pounded the outside of the package with our fists until they were good and crushed, poured them in a bowl and microwaved for three minutes. Sprinkle your seasoning and viola.....it's lunch time! Oh and did you know that they are considered a breakfast food too???? ;) I don't keep them in my own house for one simple reason.....I'd eat them for every meal.


The other day I hopped over onto Facebook to find this clever message from my cousin Garrett.......


"Your new blog is missing something. I see all this food and all these recipes, but none of them include Ramen Noodles... What's the deal?"

......to which I responded jokingly.......

"I do take requests. Keep your eye out for the Ramen noodle recipe!!! I knew you were a genius but now there is no doubt."

My cousin is quite the jokester so I just laughed and carried on (but now I was craving noodles by this point) So here's the scene a couple hours later that afternoon.....

I was daydreaming about recipes to try out for The Pink Dish when all of a sudden I had one of those lightbulb moments. Aha!! I will search through my mom's recipe rack and find all of the yummy things she used to make that we loved so much. I asked my dad if he minded my rummaging around through her cookbooks and he told me to have at it. I kept thinking how silly I felt for not having thought of this earlier. I pulled out each cookbook one by one and started to make a stack of the one's that I wanted to browse through when ALL OF A SUDDEN this caught my eye......


The universe was playing some sick joke on me this day. But the more I thought about it, the more I could picture my mom giggling at me as I stumbled upon this silly book. I'm a big sucker for a good coincidence. I'm the kind of person that is still saying "wow, what a coincidence" three days after the coincidence. I immediately assured Garrett that I would be able to adequately fulfill his request now thanks to my mom.

Talk about easy peasy.... I mean come on!!! How much easier can cooking get?! Well we are about to find out just how easy it is. Join me on my journey through noodle heaven. Each week I'm going to pick a recipe from this quirky book. This is going to be fun!

Any fellow Ramen Noodle lovers out there????????? This is for you. XOXO.




GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment