Saturday, October 1, 2011

Colorful Candy HALLOWEEN Jars

FuN, CoLoRfUl, yUmMy and did I mention FUN?!!!!!



This project turned out exactly as I'd hoped it would. While browsing Pinterest this morning I was inspired by a picture of a mason jar. That's all it was...just a mason jar. Funny how something so simple can ignite an idea to create something so colorful and vibrant. I think most of my enthusiasm had a lot to do with the purchasing of a lot of sweets and candy! My tiny sidekick and I went out on a mission to collect the items we would need to make my vision a reality. A pack of large mason jars....check. An assortment of candy....check. Orange ribbon....check. This is where I got stuck. I ended up circling the craft aisle at least ten times while I brainstormed. I could not figure out how I wanted to put letters on the jars. Paint? Fabric? Buttons? Jewels? Yarn? Too many decisions!


I filled each of the nine jars with candy making sure to pack them nice and full. FYI: Don't leave your jars unattended for even a moment.......



My plan was to tie a bow around each lid but I ran out of orange ribbon so I just did every other jar....


I cut out nine rectangular pieces of black scrapbooking paper with rounded edges. No straight edges necessary...just eye-ball it. They don't have to be perfect after all. Wait, did I just say that?! I spelled out Halloween in orange paint pen and made a border around each piece of paper in white paint pen.



Glue them on the flat side of each jar using a hot glue gun and then find the perfect place to display them!!!


The most fun part by far was choosing the candy for the jars! I probably put way too much thought into it but I wanted to have an assortment of colors and a balanced fruity to chocolaty ratio. ;) I finally decided on mini Hershey bars, candy corn, Laffy Taffy, pink malt balls, M&Ms, Crunch bars, orange slices, Reeses peanut butter cups and Twizzlers.


 

Happy crafting! Oh yeah, and eating!!



GOT MOTIVATION?

2 comments:

Cari said...

Cute! Where did you end up displaying them?

Ashley said...

Thanks! In the kitchen on this little table. I think I'll use them for the Halloween party!

Post a Comment