Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Hey there TRICK or TREATERS! Ok, I couldn't resist that one being that it's so close to Halloween and all. I'm getting very excited for all of the Fall celebrations upon us which has led me to begin an even deeper search into all things PUMPKIN. I just realized that I've been subjecting you all to a handful of pumpkin desserts so I figured why stop now while it's still acceptable for the season. So pumpkin it will be!!

HAPPY TREAT YOUR SWEET TOOTH TUESDAY!!

Here is a first for me. Envision this if you will......I, Ashley Diane Fanning, did a google search with the word "scratch" in it. As in "made from scratch." Yes, that cool breeze you just felt was hell freezing over. Apparently this cooking experiment has left me looking for more of a challenge that just a box of cake mix. Someone please take my temperature because this is getting serious. But not too serious yet because I still was not brave enough to attempt a pumpkin roll which had been my original plan for Sweet Tooth Tuesday. The idea of rolling something up in a towel really freaked me out. The towel intimidated me into searching for another option....that's when I found pumpkin cupcakes and their delightfulness. Pure delightfulness. If it's possible to actually taste Fall then these cupcakes are how you do that. ;) So if you are looking to get a taste of the season without eating a big pile of leaves, just bake some cupcakes instead. Trust me of this one.....






Cupcake Ingredients:


*3/4 cup softened butter
*1 2/3 cup flour
*2 tsp baking powder
*1 tsp salt
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1/4 tsp nutmeg
*1/8 tsp cloves
*1 cup pumpkin puree
*1 cup packed brown sugar
*1/2 cup sugar
*2 eggs


Frosting Ingredients:


*1 cup confectioner's sugar
*1/4 tsp vanilla
*1 8 oz package cream cheese


Directions:


1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees


2) For the cupcakes cream together softened butter and the sugars. Add the eggs one at a time and then the pumpkin, mixing well and scrapping down the sides of the bowl as you go.


3) In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Add the dry mix to the pumpkin/butter mix in 2 batches and stir until just combined.


4) Line your baking pan and fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 325 for 15-18 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean


5) For the frosting cream together the cream cheese and vanilla. Sift in 1/2 cup powdered sugar at a time and cream until you get the consistency you want.








I can say with 99% certainty that I will NEVER make box cupcakes ever again! There is a startling difference between from scratch and from a box. Who would have thought?!?! ;) They were so dense and the flavor was so rich. I have eaten way too many over the past couple days. The rest are taking a trip up to the hub's office tomorrow so other people can ingest the calories. I think that's about all I have to say about these pieces of heaven. Oh yeah and one more thing....ENJOY!!



You know you want to try one!!






GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment