Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So about that whole challenge thing.....

I'd like to go back to November 12th and give myself a big swift kick in the booty. November 12th was the day I committed myself to the Insanity 60 Challenge.....


......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.


Sorry, it's hard to stop laughing. You can listen to me babble on right here.


I'm still trying to figure out what kind of special day I was having when I thought it would be a good idea to commit myself to anything right smack dab in the middle of a move and the holidays. If I'm being completely honest, I think I lasted nine days. So if we do the math on that.....calculating......well let's just say that I failed big time. I'm pretty prone to setting myself up for failure by taking on too much. I wish I could just do it all. Be a good mom, work a full time job, be the perfect wife who suprises her husband with a lunch date every now and again and has a fancy meal on the table every night, keep the canines happy and healthy by taking them for regular walks, go to the store, have a spotless house ready at any moment for a drop in guest to see, fit in a 60 minute workout every evening, have time to blog, oh yeah and I can't forget relax. Which brings me to my confession: sometimes when I'm driving around I like to pretend that I'm an SUV soccer mom who has ten arms and ten hands with perfectly manicured nails and toes with a high metabolism and a 5 a.m. workout group and a stylish wardrobe and time to volunteer at the church and have mommy/baby playdates and all the while having a bubbly personality...not to mention a perfectly happy family. Oh yeah, and I don't have a hair out of place.


Ok, not this stylish outfit though. ;)

Sometimes I pretend that's me. Am I happy with my life and myself? Yes, yes I am (most of the time). Would I like to create a better version of me? Yes, yes I would. Even though my ridiculous 60 day challenge nonsense was a big fat fail I'm gonna keep on keepin' on to my next ridiculous goal........

.......a half-marathon. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? Ok, well I admitted that I have an addiction to setting overwhelming goals. I guess now it's time to follow through with this one. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment