Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Candy Corn Tree




Watch out people!
I’m packin’ heat.
And I'm not afraid to use it.....


Things are getting serious folks. I’ve got my very own glue gun. I’m used to just borrowing my mom’s. I guess this means I’ve got to use it more than once a year now. Well, what better time to start than the beautiful season of autumn? This was by far one of the most fun and easiest creations I’ve ever worked on. It only took 45 minutes to complete from beginning to end. Here’s how you can make one:
If you have a craft closet you may find that you already have some of the supplies needed. But if you are like me and your crafty stuff is packed away in a box that sits somewhere in a pile of boxes stacked to the ceiling in the garage then you probably will have to start from scratch like I did. If I wanted to be frugal I would’ve dug out one of the twenty glass vases I have lying around but I convinced myself I needed a taller one. So a taller one I got. Once I had gathered my bag o' supplies from Walmart, I wandered the backyard and sifted through the pile of old tree limbs. Bingo! I found what I needed.
 **Make sure to find ones that fan outward so that your tree will look fuller**

Arrange your limbs in the vase....


*Fill with three value size bags of candy corn. If you're like me you will be tempted to eat it in the process..



*Stuff some filler behind the limbs to add more color....



*I glued some orange ribbon on top of the plaid patterned green and black ribbon....



*I picked up the wooden frame from the craft aisle and slapped some orange paint on it. The chalkboard look is simply a piece of black paper and a white paint pen. I tacked on some black jewels and VUALA!!



*Bow tied and glued around the vase....



*Here's the fun part: gluing the candy to the tree!!



*I added just a few little extras. The shiny metallic green pumpkins and mini pinecones from Walmart....


Wouldn't this be the perfect centerpiece for Halloween or fall parties?!?!

HAPPY FALL!!!!



GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment