Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Carmen's Crib

I guess you could call this my version of MTV's show Cribs....but with a little twist. Ya see, I didn't pay a visit to Kimora Lee Simmons' or Mariah Carey's crib. Instead I want to show you my niece Carmen's "crib". I got this idea while paying a visit to my sweet niece yesterday. I don't know about you but I LOVE when people post pictures of their baby nurseries for me to "ooooo" and "awwww" over. Picture surfing is usually the only way I start any type of decorating or creative process. Ideas! I need ideas!! Seeing the progress from picking the furniture to the paint color to putting the final touches together...I just can't get enough!!! There is just something about Carmen's nursery that is so serene and peaceful.


Hello cuteness!!!!!!!!!! Attention mommies-to-be with baby girls on the way: if you don't feel inspired after taking a tour through her precious nursery, I'd be surprised. Miss C is livin' it up in her owl-themed hideaway surrounded by plenty of natural light, pink and green hydrangeas and enough owls to keep her whooooing all night long!


Hayley bedding from Pottery Barn found here:


No painting necessary in this room. The walls were already the perfect color. They picked out a dark wood for the crib to match the wrap-around desk....which I can't get enough of by the way!


Aren't these windows to die for?! I love the white next to the dark wood wrap-around desk

Owl wall decal found here:


 Tree coat rack - Hobby Lobby 
Owl bow clips - owls from Hobby Lobby and attach a piece of ribbon to bottom of owl

Personalized quilt to match bedding - Pottery Barn
I love the idea of hanging her pretty blankets on a quilt rack!


Polka dot cork board/frame/bulletin board from Hobby Lobby

Changing pad cover made by Carmen's Nanny out of a Pottery Barn pillow case and some pink satin



Greenery balls with flowers from Hobby Lobby
Sign handmade by a friend




Owl bookends found here:

I forgot to snap a picture of the huge pink, green and white rug bordered with polka dots (Pottery Barn) in the center of her room. It just brightens up the space even more and makes the room seem even larger than it already is.

Find it here!

I'd say momma Katie did a fabulous job thoughtfully creating the perfect place to lay her sweet girl down to sleep at night. :)


As they say on Cribs, "you ain't gotta go home, but you can't stay here!"



GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment