Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Tablescape


I have a bit of a dilemma. All of my fall decorations are being held hostage in the garage. The boxes above and below all threaten to fall if I dare remove them from our lovely pile. I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm okay with this. It really makes my stomach hurt just a little bit knowing that I can't decorate this year. Ok, I guess I should rephrase that....I will be decorating, just not how I would have.

There they are....just staring at me through their clear plastic sides.


I couldn't not decorate for this lovely season so I did what any Hobby Lobby deprived lady would do. I took a trip to the world's largest garage sale and my only real option in town: Wall's Bargain Center. Don't knock it til you try it folks. I left after ten minutes with my purchases in tow feeling very happy and content with what I had found. For $19.50 we now have a festive, fall-colored tablescape. I found the orange, tan and yellow place mats in the kitchen section for $0.79 each! I spotted the black three-tiered candle holder for $6.00 in the home decor aisle and thought it would be the perfect place to set the three square pumpkin candle holders I'd found in the holiday section for $1.50 each. I grabbed some small orange tea light candles to place in the pumpkin tins. After risking my life and the paint job on Riley's 1960 show truck, I had snatched out a few fall berry picks from the top of my fall storage container in the garage. Here is how it all turned out......





I think I could get used to this whole speed decorating stuff. First you've got to hunt down the items while trying to occupy a very tired baby in the shopping cart...then the next challenge is getting these items in the house and in place before your husband can say "babe, why did you buy more decorations when you have boxes out in the garage?"




GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment