Saturday, September 24, 2011

Top 10 Things I'd Do With a Weekend All To Myself

I just hung up the phone with my husband who has spent a rare weekend minus Hallie and I. My first question for him was "what have you done to occupy all of your time?" What I was really thinking but not saying was this: "I'm extremely jealous of your weekend of alone time and I'm living vicariously through you." He didn't give details but said that he had a productive weekend. It got me to thinking about all of the things that I would do with a weekend alone. Hmmmm....here's just a few.


**10**
Shop for jeans....but end up depressed and in line at Sonic ordering a Butterfinger blast.

**9**

Clean my car....remove all Cheerios and puffs from carseat, milk spots from leather and pick up the fallen M&Ms below my seat that sadly never made it to my mouth.

**8**
Plan to organize my closet but instead waste two hours on Facebook stalking people

**7**
Update my Itunes library and find a new favorite song that will end up on repeat the rest of the day

**6**
Eat a bowl of Schwan's parmesan shrimp and rice while my seafood-hatin' family is gone.

**5**
Run alone without pushing a stroller in pure silence without bending down to pick up a cup or binky

**4**
Scrapbook-a-thon!!!!! - catch up on the past two years

**3**
Mop, dust, sweep, scrub....actually clean my house.

**2**
Get a pedicure and massage

**1**
Watch three consecutive chick flicks with no guilt, an afternoon full of football and an evening full of Real Housewives of New Jersey.





When Riley called to tell me goodnight I read my finished list to him. After listening to me rattle each one off his comment was: "your list is very relaxation oriented." My response: "Um...duh." For a second I actually started to feel lazy when I took another look at my list of activities. Does having children make you feel guilty for doing something for yourself every now and then? I'm beginning to think so. Why is this? What would your list look like? I'm curious........




Would you be a go-getter or a couch potato if given the chance?



GOT MOTIVATION? (sure I do, motivation to relax)


 

1 comments:

Cari said...

My list would look much like yours:) Yes, I feel guilty for sitting down for one minute for some reason. I used to watch Lifetime movies every Saturday and Sunday while I worked on some fun crafty project just for me. That never happens now!

We need to find some excuse to send the guys away for a weekend that requires them to take all kids with them haa haa!

Post a Comment