Monday, September 26, 2011

New Recipe Night: BBQ Chicken Pizza

 Here we go! My cooking adventures begin now. Well, actually they began yesterday but I'm just now getting around to blogging about it.


Ok, so you are probably thinking "Seriously? She chose BBQ chicken pizza?" Well folks, I think my best bet is to build confidence slowly....very slowly. I warned you that I am not good in the kitchen. Clumsy, you might say. I'd call this a level 1 meal. Maybe in a year I will be showing off a level 10 meal....but please don't hold your breath. :)


Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 11-13 minutes


Ingredients:
*1 premade pizza crust
*Hickory flavored BBQ sauce
*1 can diced green chiles
*2 cooked chicken breasts
*1 cup shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese


Ok, the prep time is a little deceiving. I didn't include the time it took to cook the chicken. I took two organic chicken breasts, covered them with hickory BBQ sauce and popped them in the oven for thirty minutes to begin with.


Spread BBQ sauce evenly over crust and top with chicken

Spread chopped green chiles over chicken

Sprinkle (or cover) with cheese

Bake for 11-13 minutes at 450 degrees

Enjoy!

Add a fresh spinach salad to the mix and you are all set!


Did I get husband approval? I'm happy to say "YES!" His words were "no more carry out pizza for us!" Sorry Pizza Hut.






GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment