Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Almond Bark Popcorn

What do you get when you have 2 saltys + 2 sweets?? It = an addicting and yummy treat! I'm sure you guessed which direction I would be headed in and you are right!!! It's time for some holiday goodies! I look forward to making this each Christmas. The best part is that is doesn't involve a recipe. Just three simple steps! That's something to shout about! This treat takes about fifteen minutes to make and will make a great little snack for any holiday party or just to have around the house to munch on while you deck your halls. This next month will be full of holiday cookies and treats to treat your sweet tooth! I can't wait!

HAPPY SWEET TOOTH TUESDAY!!!



Ingredients:


* 1 bag of microwave popcorn
* 2 cups of chex mix
* 1 large bag of peanut butter M&Ms
*1 package of white almond bark



Directions:

1) Melt the almond bark on low heat in a pan on the stovepot.



2) Combine popcorn, M&Ms and chex mix in a very large bowl and pour melted almond bark on top. Using large spoon or spatula stir the mixture well to coat with the bark.






3) Spread out on a flat pan to dry. Separate into clear holiday treat bags to pass out to your friends or just serve from a large bowl.



You might try putting some waxed paper down on the pan so that it won't stick. My bad. ;) In the past I've microwaved the bark to melt it which resulted in second degree burns on both hands while I tried to mix it. STUPID! One year I even thought wearing latex gloves would help keep from getting burned. Nope. STUPID! I guess all it takes to keep from being scalded is by melting it in a pan. Please, please, please promise me you won't microwave your almond bark. Promise? Oh yeah, one more thing....ENJOY!!



GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment