Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Key Lime Pie

Happy Tuesday Dishers!

It's my favorite day yet again...

And the last Tuesday for Thanksgiving PIES.....

HAPPY SWEET TOOTH TUESDAY!!!

Do you have that one dessert that you can't say no to. That one dessert that is impossible to resist. Well hello key lime pie, don't mind if I do! It seems incredibly strange to be excited about cooking and baking lately. I still can't get used to the fact that I get antsy when I'm not cooking. I look forward to Tuesday for several reasons now: it's my day off work, it's my day to spend with my daughter and it's the day that my house is filled with yummy smells of sweet treats baking in the oven. This week was no exception and it only seemed that much more appropriate with it being Thanksgiving week. The first Thanksgiving that I've been excited about the cooking part. I've volunteered to make three dishes for our celebration this year. That may sound silly and not worth a lot......but let's put it this way....I'VE NEVER MADE A DISH FOR THANKSGIVING.....EVER. This Tuesday's treat happens to be one of the dishes I'm taking with me to share with my family. We all seem to share a love for key lime pie so I'm sure it will be a favorite! I made Tuesday's treat on Sunday and made sure it found a home away from my tummy....the pie found its new home in my in-laws fridge. :) I have no idea why I've never considered baking a key lime pie before....now that I know how easy it is I feel like it's probably a good idea I never did before. It's so sweet it must be a sin.



Ingredients:

*1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
*1/2 cup granulated sugar
*4 tablespoons (1/2 stick butter) melted
*2 (14-ounce) cans condensed milk
*1 cup key lime or regular lime juice
*2 whole eggs
*1 cup sour cream
*2 tablespoons powdered sugar
*1 tablespoon lime zest


Directions:


1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2) In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.






3) In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs. Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.


4) Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula. Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.

Oh my sweet tooth!!!!!!!!!! This is the tartiest, tangiest, sweetest creation thus far that I've made. And did I mention that key lime is my absolute favorite?!?! Oh yeah, one more thing....ENJOY!!





GOT MOTIVATION?


0 comments:

Post a Comment