Thursday, November 3, 2011

New Recipe Night: Taco Casserole

I'm sitting here about to type out tonight's recipe and I open my internet browser on my phone to copy the ingredients....something in the web address catches me eye....I notice the name of the site....


It has the words "kids" and "cooking" in it.


And now I almost don't want to share my recipe because I feel silly.


I wanna say "hey now, it totally took some skill to stir the cheeses up and layer this dish!!"


Right?


Ok, I'm over the simplicity of this recipe and ready to share with you now. Hope you enjoy this simple dish as much as we did. ;)





Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 2 cups tomato salsa
  • 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained 
  • 1 cup sour cream 
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 2 cups tortilla chips
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef.
  3. Add salsa and black beans. Cook 1-2 minutes to allow flavors to come together. Remove from heat.
  4. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, cottage cheese and 1 cup of the shredded Mexican cheese.
  5. Scatter half of the tortilla chips over the bottom of the prepared pan.
  6. Top with half of the meat mixture, then all of the cottage cheese mixture.
  7. Spread the remaining tortilla chips on top. Sprinkle with the remaining meat mixture and remaining shredded cheese.
  8. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.

It's melted!!

Ok, not gonna lie, I still feel silly for sharing something from a kids cooking website. But the great thing is that it was yummy, quick, easy.....it took a whole 35 minutes. Oh yeah, one more thing....ENJOY!!




GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment