Monday, November 14, 2011

New Recipe Night: French Dip Sandwiches

I did something bad. Something very, very bad. I tried out a new recipe....a very delicious and lip smacking one in fact....without taking one single picture. I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that blogs are pretty yawn-worthy if no pictures are involved. Well if you are already reading please don't stop now! I promise that the taste of this one is so worth reading through this post with (gasp) no pictures. Geez, I'm boring myself.....so just for the sake of putting some color into this post I'm going to throw in a picture of something similar....




Ingredients:


*1 boneless beef roast
*1/2 cup soy sauce
*1 beef bouillon cube
*1 bay leaf
*3 whole black peppercorns
*1 tsp rosemary
*1 tsp thyme
*1 tsp garlic powder
*1 loaf of french bread


Directions:


1) Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a crock pot.


2) In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture over roast and add enough water to almost cover roast. Cook on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or until meat is tender.


3) Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork and place on bread for sandwiches. Use broth for dipping.


HOLY BROTH!!!!!!!!!!! This stuff was like crack! Not that I know what crack is like but I'm sure it has to be right up there next to crack. I am embarrassed to admit that I probably ate half of the roast. No, seriously. I was that excited about it! I put up about ten thousand post it notes this morning to remind me to put the roast in the crock pot. The notes worked and as a result I couldn't get my mind off of the yummy juices cooking all day long for my dipping pleasure. I'd never made the broth before because I always took the easy route and grabbed a package of Au Jus mix at the grocery store. This stuff kicks Au Jus package's butt!!! Oh and promise me you won't eat a french dip sandwich without adding a slice of swiss cheese!!!




Oh yeah, one more thing....ENJOY!!



(Insert yummy, picture on a colorful plate)












GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment