Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chocolate Drizzle Brownie Pie

Woop woop!!!! <-- That was me getting pumped up for a month full of Thanksgiving desserts! And when it comes to my favorite day of the week.......


SWEET TOOTH TUESDAY!!!!!

........we are tackling PIES for the month of November!!! And by "we" I mean me....but I sure do hope you will join me and try some of these delicious holiday recipes. So why pies? Well simply put, pies are the reason I gain ten pounds every Thanksgiving. Delish! I have three Tuesdays until Turkey Day so that gives me three opportunities to offer up some new and unusual pies that I've never tried before. I won't bore you dishers with pumpkin, apple or cherry pies (although those three are my favorites)....but instead I'll be searching for three that you might want to introduce to this year's Thanksgiving table to shake things up a bit. The great thing about today's pie is that it can be made for any occasion. It is both unique and very pleasing to the eye! In the words of my hubby, "that pie looks pretty." ;)

Ok, I can't give you the recipe yet. I have a couple confessions. First of all, the name is deceiving. I never actually did the drizzling part. I really thought the pie looked purty enough without me messing it up with less than perfect swirls of chocolate. I'm sure if you own drizzling skills it would only add to the beauty of this pie....have at it friends! I'll keep the drizzling to you. My second confession: I am terrified of making pies. This is the first pie I've ever made. So I guess that answers your question about whether or not I made a homemade pie crust. That's a big fat negative! Here's something to add to your "thankful" list....Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust!


Ingredients:

*1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
*1 package cream cheese
*3 Tbsp sugar
*1 tsp vanilla
*2 eggs
*1 box fudge brownie mix
*1/4 cup vegetable oil
*3 Tbsp water
*1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1/2 cup chopped pecans
*1/4 cup milk chocolate ice cream topping

Directions:

1) Preheat over to 350 degrees

2) Follow instructions on pie crust package for setting it in pie pan

3) Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg in a bowl. Beat with mixer until smooth.

4) In a large bowl, mix brownie mix, 1 egg, oil and water. Beat 50 strokes. Spread half of brownie mixture into raw pie shell.

5) Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over brownie layer. Sprinkle chocolate chips over cream cheese layer; top with remaining brownie mixture and sprinkle nuts on top.


6) Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center puffs and crust is brown. Warm sauce in microwave.



Pretty

As usual I couldn't wait to dig into the chocolaty goodness and I cut a slice too soon....it just tasted like a really, really, extremely hot brownie! Be patient, grasshopper. Oh yeah, and one more thing.....ENJOY!!




GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment