Saturday, November 19, 2011

New Recipe Night: Easy Mexican Meatloaf

I can never go wrong with meatloaf around here. It definitely falls into the "can't go wrong" category. I don't use a recipe...but instead just toss eggs, ground beef, a variety of seasonings, cracker or bread crumbs and ketchup in a bowl and get to mixin'. I decided to change things up a bit and add some kick to the meatloaf. I'd heard of Mexican style but had never tried making it before. After doing a quick search I realized that it may be more complicated than I had imagined. I was looking for easy and I found very difficult with lots of meats that I'd never heard of and words that I didn't know the definition of. No beuno! I have no idea why a Mexican meatloaf needed to be that complicated. So I added the word "easy" to my search and up popped this great quick recipe....





Ingredients:


  • 2 lbs lean ground beef (or can use ground turkey)
  • 1 cup corn chips, crushed
  • 1/3 cup taco sauce
  • 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese, grated


Directions:


1) Mix all the ingredients together and place mixture in a loaf pan


2) Cook in a pre-heated oven at 350ยบ for about 40-45 minutes until meat is well cooked from inside


3) Or cook in a crock pot on high for about 3-1/2 to 5 hours, or low for about 8 to 10 hours




This meal served us for two nights! The second night I made meatloaf sandwiches with it and the hubs was a happy man. Don't make it unless you have time to wait though....in other words, don't start preparing it at 7:30 like I did. It took about 80 minutes to cook!! It's my meatloaf curse so maybe you will have better luck. The taste is splendid though! Just a little something different from your regular ol' loaf of meat (makes it sound so enticing, right?)   ;) If you don't like spicy then add a little less taco seasoning. I added extra and it was HOT!!! Oh yeah, one more thing.....ENJOY!!

GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment