Monday, November 14, 2011

Creamy Lemon Raspberry Pie

It's still PIE MONTH and I've churned out another new pie option for your Thanksgiving celebration this year. This one happens to be super simple and super sweet! Yep, it's my favorite day again.....

HAPPY TREAT YOUR SWEET TOOTH TUESDAY!!!

I'm not sure why but this recipe makes me giggle because all I can seem to think about when I see it is that Friends episode where Rachel is in charge of making a truffle and Joey is naming off all of the layers that he loved so much. That's not to say that I made the same mistake that Rachel made by combining two recipes....it would've been pretty dang hard to mess up this recipe. I guess it was the raspberry jam on the ingredient list that reminded me of that funny episode. Jam? GOOOOOOOOOOD!!



Ingredients:


* 1/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
* 1 premade shortbread crumb crust
* 1/2 pint (about 1 cup) fresh red raspberries
* 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
* 2 packages lemon instant pudding and pie filling mix
* Grated peel of 1 lemon
* 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* Additional grated lemon peel (optional)




Directions:

  1. Spread raspberry jam over bottom of crust. Sprinkle 3/4 cup raspberries over jam.
  2. Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually add evaporated milk, pudding mixes and lemon peel. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in half of whipped topping. Spoon into crust; top with remaining whipped topping.
  3. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining raspberries and additional lemon zest, if desired, just before serving.

This pie is simply refreshing. I love the taste of lemon. Tastes so sweet.....mixed with the tartness of the raspberries leaves the perfect mixture of goodness in your mouth. I also love layers. The way they look when you cut into the pie and the way they all mix together to give you a variety with every bite. ;) The layers did not turn out as pretty as the example picture but that rarely happens so I'll just try and be satisfied with it's prettiness. Oh yeah, one more thing.....ENJOY!!






GOT MOTIVATION?

0 comments:

Post a Comment